Ankündigung auf H-Soz-Kult, 12. März 2015:
5th Conference for junior researchers of the Baltic Sea region in Sankelmark (Schleswig-Holstein, Germany), September 18-20, 2015
The „Academia Baltica“ (Sankelmark) invites you to a conference for junior researchers addressing „Baltic Sea/eing. Aspects of a Visual History“, which will take place at the Sankelmark Academy near the German-Danish border and the Baltic Sea on September 18-20, 2015. The conference will bring together younger researchers from countries south of the Baltic rim (Germany, Poland, Kaliningrad Oblast, the Baltic states) and aims at discussing different aspects of a visual history of the Baltic Sea region. Possible papers are on
– Methodological problems of the scholarly concept of visual history
– Mental images of the Baltic Sea region and of Baltic sea subregions in history and present times (stereotypes, interpretative patterns, branding strategies, and the like)
– Pictures as sources of the history of the Baltic Sea region
– Images of the Baltic Sea region in paintings
– Images of the Baltic Sea regions in photography and films (incl. Web representation)
– The history of the Baltic Sea region in pictures
– The Baltic Sea region as an image in memorial culture and history policies
– Images of people, images of nations
– Pictures of landscapes and environment
Presentations dealing with cultural constructions of physical and mental spaces are welcome as well.
Conference languages are German and English.
Young researchers (M.A. and PhD candidates, postdocs) dealing with the topics outlined and coming from countries south to the Baltic Sea rim are encouraged to submit their proposals. The conference is an interdisciplinary forum open not only for historians, but also for political scientists, sociologists, literary and language scholars, ethnologists, geographers, and other scholars in humanities thematically related.
For questions please contact:
Prof. Dr. Karsten Brüggemann (email@example.com)
Prof. Dr. Ralph Tuchtenhagen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Proposals should include:
– The title of your paper (approx. 15 min talking time)
– An abstract (max. 0.5 page)
– Your complete post and e-mail adresses
– Your affiliation
Submission deadline is May 31, 2015.
Given that your proposal is evaluated positive you will be officially invited by the Academia Baltica. We are likely to be able to reimburse your travelling expenses and will take care of board and lodging in Sankelmark. We are looking forward to receiving you as our guests at the Sankelmark Academy.
Institute of History of Tallinn University, Rüütli 6, 10130 Tallinn, Estonia
Ostse(h)e(n). Aspekte einer Visual History. 5.Tagung für Nachwuchswissenschaftler des Ostseeraums, 18.09.2015 – 20.09.2015 Oversee, in: H-Soz-Kult, 12.03.2015, <http://www.hsozkult.de/event/id/termine-27378>.